Stanley Approves!

January 23, 2005

Hello Picture Messenger

Where would I be without Hello? Well, I certainly would not be able to post so many pictures on this blog so easily, that is for sure. We first got Hello just for the sake of putting pictures of me up on Blogger! And it has been wonderful. As you can see from the screenshot, the design is quite pretty and the interface very friendly. I had to poke around a bit to get the hang of some of the features, but I was able to post my first picture to this blog almost immediately.


Unfortunately, there is no one else I know who uses Hello, so I cannot report on its features in that regard. The people I live with and I still use the plain old Send File function on Yahoo or MSN Messenger to share photos with each other and our friends, since that's where they all are and we hate to ask people to sign up to another messenger service. For this reason, I do not know if Hello will ever become the main messenger client for anyone. After all, the other ones integrate with your email and addressbook so easily. Plus, many people use all-in-one clients like Gaim or Trillian, which would defeat the whole point of the happy, bubbly interface and special features. But we will see, now that Google owns Picasa (makers of Hello) and people have noticed code for IM support in GDS, Hello might just take over the world! Ah ha ha! cough, cough. Don't worry, part of Google's corporate philosophy is "Don't Be Evil," so Hello will be a benign dictator.

Stanley Approves!


Hello Screenshot Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

  • Hi Stanley, it's Andrea and Ben again. I use Hello! on my blog to put pictures up and absolutely love it. I just wanted to say I got your email and a picture of Ben is on the way :) He says it's not his best side, and that the lighting was wrong, so we'll see what we can do about that later.

    :)

    By Blogger Andrea, at 12:16 AM  

  • Hey Stanley! I would join you in the seemingly wonderful world of Hello, but I am a Mac user. Thus, I must use Flickr.com. I am quite sorry, but Hello sucks major for anyone with Apple products. Cheers though!

    By Blogger Ryon, at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home